Teaching Aids for Hispanic Patients
There is a free resource available to you called "Medline Plus" — a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Here are instructions on using it:
- Go to: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/healthtopics.html
- Navigate to the general category.
- Click on the "espaņol" tab in the upper right corner to see which specific topics are available in Spanish.
To give you an idea of the depth of what's available, we have linked to just a few of the topics that begin with the letter "A."
- AIDS and HIV
- Alcohol and Medications
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Aortic Aneurism
- Arthritis - Do I have it?
- Osteo Arthritis and Arthritis - How are they different?
- Atrial Fibrilation
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
This is a fantastic free resource for finding teaching aids for your Hispanic patients!